Notes from the Chef
At its finest served warm out of the oven.
This delicious recipe will earn you much praise from your friends and family. Yummy food really is one of lifes pleasures. Eat drink and be merry and enjoy this recipe.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
2 cups apples, cored, peeled, and shreddedCaramel Sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1 tablespoon butter, cold
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
2. Mix together egg and apples; add to flour mixture.
3. Spread in a lightly greased 8"x8" baking pan.
4. Bake at 350F degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Serve warm, drizzled with Caramel Sauce
1. Combine brown sugar, flour and salt in a small saucepan.
2. Gradually add water; stir until smooth.
3. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook for one to 2 minutes, until thickened.
4. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.